On Sunday March 5th 2017, more than 1000 riders will pedal to power medical discoveries. Riders will cycle 100, 65 or 25 kilometres all finishing at The Prince Charles Hospital in Chermside, and we will need over 100 volunteers to make sure they get there safely. We need you to help out!
Volunteers will be needed to:
• Set up & pack down at the three starting locations: Landsborough, Caboolture and Redcliffe
• Set up & pack down at the finish line at The Prince Charles Hospital in Chermside
• Cyclist Shepherds/Human Navmans. You’ll provide direction and encouragement to the riders on the route as a road marshal.
• Refreshment Specialists. Ensure our cyclists get their beverages and snacks in a timely manner at start and finish lines!
Are you the right fit for the job?
• You’re healthy. Our volunteers (especially at set up locations) will need to be able to help lift and carry heavy items
• You’re fine on your feet. Road marshals will be stationed on the route for up to five hours – we’ll provide refreshments and sun care (and you’re welcome to bring chairs), but it’s important you’ll be fine on the route for an extended period of time!
• You’re upbeat and ready to encourage our riders! A huge part of the role is helping our cyclists to have a great day and feel inspired to keep pedalling (even up those huge hills)
If this sounds like you and you have a few spare hours on Sunday March 5th 2017 to help make the Cycle of Giving our best event yet, head here to register.